Skillet Steak and Wilted Kale
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 2 (3/4-inch-thick) beef strip steaks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 425°. Chop kale. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Cook steaks in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side. Place on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan, and bake 6 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, wipe skillet clean, and melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Step 3 Remove steaks from oven, and loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Add kale to onion mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until kale is wilted. Stir in vinegar and honey; season with salt and pepper. Serve with sliced steak.